Home / Business (page 388)

Business

Zimasco ceded exhausted chrome claims’

Minister Jason Machaya Lovemore Zigara, Midlands Correspondent THE Government says it will return exhausted and inaccessible chrome claims which were surrendered to it by ferrochrome producer, Zimbabwe Mining and Smelting Company (Zimasco). Midlands Minister of State for Provincial Affairs, Jason Machaya, said 80 percent of chrome claims ceded to Government …

Read More »

GetBucks to list $30m debt security facility

Golden Sibanda Senior Business Reporter Getbucks Zimbabwe will list a $30 million debt security, Medium Term Note, on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange before end of this month to raise funding to support small businesses and provide mortgage loans. The fintech company said the first tranche of $5,4 million raised from the …

Read More »

‘Zim must safeguard against substandard imports’

Minister Bimha Business Reporter Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Mike Bimha says it is important for Zimbabwe to safeguard against sub-standard products being imported into the country. The Minister is leading a delegation undertaking a familiarisation tour of Bureau Veritas (BV) laboratories and offices in Shanghai, China and Dubai in …

Read More »

IDC sales 51pc stake in Almin Metal

Tinashe Makichi Business Reporter The Industrial Development Corporation of Zimbabwe has sold of its 51 percent stake in Almin Metal Industries to a local investor, Architectural Aluminium. The other 49 percent stake is held by Hulamin Extrusions South Africa. IDC Zimbabwe public relations advisor Dereck Sibanda confirmed the transaction saying this …

Read More »

Zinwa evaluates mini hydro project proposals

Business Reporter THE Zimbabwe National Water Authority is evaluating 18 proposals submitted by investors interested in partnering the authority in setting up mini hydro plants across the country. Early this year, Zinwa floated a tender inviting investors interested in joint ventures in mini hydro projects on 18 sites. In an …

Read More »

AfDB reaffirms Batoka support

Business Reporters The African Development Bank has reaffirmed its commitment to be the lead financier and co-ordinator of the $4 billion Batoka Gorge Electric Scheme in Zambia and Zimbabwe. This comes after Zimbabwe and Zambia jointly appointed the financial institution as the lead co-ordinator in development of the hydroelectric scheme. AFDB …

Read More »

ICAZ launches women network

Minister Chikwinya The Institute of Chartered Accountants Zimbabwe (ICAZ) last week launched a women network known as Women Chartered Accountants Network (WeCAN) that is aimed at profiling, promoting and developing female members of the Institute, who constitute up to 25 percent of total membership. The network which was launched by …

Read More »

Foreign mining firms accused of under-declaring exports

Zimbabwe may have lost more than $3,1 billion through trade misinvoicing of critical minerals. – File picture from http://nigeriatravelsmart.com Business Reporter ZIMBABWE may have lost potential income running into billions of dollars through trade misinvoicing of key minerals such as diamond, gold and nickel. This is according to a research …

Read More »

Govt never defaulted on paying TBs’

Minister Chinamasa Business Reporter Government says it has never defaulted on paying or liquidating Treasury Bills on maturity, pointing out that to date instruments worth $4,4 billion had been issued since 2014. In reference to funds raised by Government through TBs and bonds in the last three years, Finance and …

Read More »

Rand firms, banks strengthen as resistance to Zuma swells

COMPANY DATA BARCLAYS AFRICA GROUP LIMITED [JSE:BGA] Last traded 145 Change 2 % Change 1 Cumulative volume 3342865 Market cap 0 Last Updated: 12-04-2017 at 05:00. Prices are delayed by 15 minutes. Source: McGregor BFA View company snapshot for more news and data NEDBANK GROUP LIMITED [JSE:NED] Last traded 230 …

Read More »
error: Content is protected !!