Words from a Mother to Her Daughter about Marriage
1. The wife that wins all arguments with her husband is not wise. The home is not
a law court.
2. The wife that uses sex as a weapon in the home – placing embargo,
going to bed in jeans shorts and trousers – lacks wisdom.
3. The wife that uses the modern trends and laws of “women’s rights”
to insult or ridicule her husband simply makes a fool of herself.
4. A woman that makes her home devoid of peace through bickering,
nagging and quarrels needs help. A man should be eager to run away
from office to be at home, for that should be the safest and cosiest
place on earth for him.
5. Modern-day equality in marriage does not mean competition. It
simply means partnership. Taking advantage of such equality to turn
around and become the de facto head of the home and oppress the man is
tantamount to playing with fire. If you destroy your home, soon you
will be the boss of an empty home.
6. A wise wife makes the man feel so good that he assumes that he is
the head. Once he gets that feeling, the woman gently wields her power
and the head actually turns to wherever the neck wants without a
7. A wife that does not pull herself away from friends’ influence and
advice or even from the control of her mother and father will have
herself to blame.
8. When a man is looking for a wife, he bypasses women of different
shapes and sizes to choose a wife. But soon after childbirth, many
women hide under the excuse of childbirth to let go of themselves.
Many stop bothering about their looks, shape, dressing, etc. Within 5
years of marriage, people start wondering if the wife is the man’s
aunt, even though she is 7 years younger. Her defence is that if he
truly loves her, he should love her the way she is, but when looking
for a wife, he saw people like the present YOU and ignored them and
settled for the former YOU. Today, you go to bed smelling of
onions…. You go to bed wearing grandmothers’ clothes. Why are you
playing with your marriage? Love is not about looks – we know. But
looks enhances love and marriage. There is a difference between
someone disfiguring herself and the person being disfigured by an
Please don’t be complacent. As hard as it may be, work on looking like
you were when he first saw you and began the chase.
9. If every night you are tired, sleepy, sore, down with headache or
fever, “not in the mood,” you are a joker, a serious comedian!
10. If your children suddenly become more important to you than your
husband, you need prayers.
11. If you assume that as the woman, only you need to be pampered and
fussed over while the man is a stone that has no emotions, you need to
12. A woman that has the mind of a wife does
not excite her husband. Wives are usually complacent and presumptuous.
A wife must strive to have the mind of a girlfriend. A girlfriend is
always nicer, sweeter, more loving and always thinking of ways to wow
her sweetheart; a girlfriend does not try to win all arguments, does
not call the man a “useless man”, is not careless about her looks or
dressing, always smiles and laughs with the man, sends the man sweet
messages and calls, etc. Are you your husband’s girlfriend in word and