Education has been proved to be and holds the key to life and Zimbabwe`s very own President Robert Mugabe tops as the most educated President the World has ever seen.
Zimbabwe also has a very high literacy rate, one of Zimbabwe`s pride.
Love or hate Mugabe let facts be facts and let them be told, a lot of people envy him.
Mugabe is a qualified teacher, he has a qualification in Economics, he is a lawyer, he has master of laws from the University of London’s external programme, he obtained a BA degree in 1951 from Fort Hare University in South Africa, amongst other qualifications.
At 90 Mugabe leads Zimbabwe, he still has a spring in his stride, he is very eloquent. Coming to the English language the man speaks the Queen`s language better than the rest of the World.
Dictator, thug, thief, murderer, ruthless, demented, ferocious, the most dangerous person, destroyer, wife snatcher, die hard, diamond thief, selfish are some of the words used to describe the man.
President Robert Gabriel Mugabe, the world’s most educated president as well, was born on February 21, 1924, in Kutama, Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), just months after Southern Rhodesia had become a British Crown colony. As a result, the people of his village were oppressed by new laws and faced limitations to their education and job opportunities.
Although many people in Southern Rhodesia went only as far as a grammar school, Mugabe was fortunate enough to receive a good education. He attended school at the local Jesuit mission under the supervision of school director Father O’Hea. A powerful influence on the boy, O’Hea taught Mugabe that all people should be treated equally and educated to the fulfillment of their abilities. Mugabe’s teachers, who called him “a clever lad,” were early to recognize his abilities as considerable.
Mugabe holds seven academic degrees from South Africa’s Fort Hare University, University of South Africa (Unisa) and University of London. Six of Mugabe’s university degrees were actually earned while he was doing distance learning and of the six, he got two of them while he was in prison. The seven hard-earned degrees cover a broad range of disciplines including education, economics, administration, and law.
Over the course of nine years, President Mugabe studied privately while teaching at a number of mission schools in Southern Rhodesia. Mugabe continued his education at the University of Fort Hare in South Africa, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and English in 1951. Mugabe then returned to his hometown to teach there. By 1953, he had earned his Bachelor of Education degree through correspondence courses.
In 1955, Mugabe moved to Northern Rhodesia. There, he taught for four years at Chalimbana Training College while also working toward his Bachelor of Science degree in economics through correspondence courses with the University of London. After moving to Ghana, Mugabe completed his economics degree in 1958.
Mugabe is, a genuine university graduate having obtained a BA from the University of Fort Hare in 1951. He subsequently earned six further degrees , including a BAdmin and BEd from the University of South Africa and a BSc, bachelor of laws, MSc and master of laws from the University of London’s external programme.
The two law degrees were earned while he was in prison and the MSc while leading the Zimbabwe government
People have used Mugabe`s name to enrich themselves, he has been blamed by murderers to claim they are working for him but when these crimes take place he is not even aware of them.
Let`s just say the man has been unfortunate to have been let down by his very own people and he gets the insults.
Mugabe has a way of capturing attention during his speeches and has a way of cracking jokes in between.
For those who follow Mugabe`s stories many would have noticed that he used gatherings to hit back at the West and his enemies or haters, where he mentions them and sends out his intended messages yet he can be quiet when many are talking and spreading rumours.
Many have spread rumours that he died but the man will surface and is seen continuing to serve his country.
Old age is another topic that is always on the World`s agenda but he has soldiered on and if compared to many his age or half of his age who are already in nursing homes Mugabe deserves credit.
Age is a number which does not limit someone`s brains or abilities so people should not get away with saying I am old I cannot work and go on benefits.
- Bachelor of Arts (History and English) (BA) degree from the University of Fort Hare (1951)
- Bachelor of Administration (B.Admin) from University of South Africa (Unisa)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) from the University of South Africa (Unisa)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.) in Economics from University of London
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from University of London
- Master of Laws (LL.M) from University of London
- Master of Science (MSc.) in Economics from University of London
The two law degrees were earned while he was in prison (between 1964 and 1975) and the MSc while leading the Zimbabwe government after independence.
REVOKED HONORARY DEGREES:
- Honorary LLD degree from University of Edinburgh (1994), which was however revoked in June 2007.
- Honorary LLD degree from University of Massachusetts (1986), which was also revoked in June 2008.
- Honorary LLD degree from Michigan State University (1990), and was revoked on 12 September 2008.
- Honorary LLD degree from Ahmadou Bello University (Nigeria)
- Honorary LLD degree from Morehouse College (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Honorary LLD degree from University of Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe)
- Honorary LLD degree from St. Augustine’s University (Tanzania)
- Honorary LLD degree from Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
- Honorary LLD degree from Solusi University (Zimbabwe)
- Honorary D.Litt. degree from Africa University (Zimbabwe)
- Honorary D.Civil Laws degree from University of Mauritius (Mauritius)
- Honorary D.Com. degree from For Hare University (South Africa)
- Honorary D.Tech. degree from National University of Science and Technology (Zimbabwe)
- Honorary D.Phil (African Heritage and Philosophy) degree from Great Zimbabwe University (Zimbabwe)
They should learn from him before he dies otherwise he will take his secret to the grave.
Other facts of life to learn from Mugabe are one should eat healthy food and stay away from junk, engage in sports and stay away from women, that`s why Mugabe stands tall and alive at 90 while 30 year olds are dying from AIDS.
772 total views, 2 views today