NO JOY FOR DEMBARE . . . Harare giants’ winless run persists . . . Drama, chaotic scenes at Rufaro

DYNAMOS games are never short of drama these days and yesterday they scrapped a point in an incident-filled Castle Lager Premiership match against Yadah Stars that saw supporters and players scampering for cover at half-time after police accidentally discharged a teargas canister.

There was also “a moment of madness” which saw the visitors’ captain Jimmy Dzingai being sent off in a tense second-half at Rufaro.

Yadah had threatened to add to DeMbare’s frustrations in front of the restless home supporters, especially with the Harare Derby against old enemies CAPS United coming up next weekend.

Dynamos had sought to use the game against Yadah to end their winless streak, but there was no joy for Lloyd Mutasa’s youthful side as they were forced to fight for their point by coming from behind.

In fact, striker Kudakwashe Kumwala saved the winless Harare giants the blushes with a late second-half screamer that cancelled out Leeroy Mavhunga’s fourth-minute strike.

Yadah, who played with better conviction in the opening, with Mavhunga lively, appeared set to hold onto their slender lead, but thoughtless delaying tactics by their goalkeeper Steven Chimusoro, which also irked the Dynamos fans behind his goal, eventually led to their loss of concentration on a game in which they had the upper hand

As missiles rained at Chimusoro’s goal area, Yadah captain Jimmy Dzingai lost his cool and got entangled in a battle against the fans, which earned him his marching orders.

Dzingai, who had been marshalling the Yadah defence, was shown a straight red by referee Munyaradzi Majoni following his reckless behaviour of throwing missiles back at DeMbare supporters, who had targeted Chimusoro in the 63rd minute after he went down again in his unrelenting antics to chew away at the clock.

There were several stoppages which killed the rhythm of the game and seemed to work in favour of Yadah.

But the frustrations in the terraces among the DeMbare faithful were telling as early as the 39th minute when Dynamos supporters rained missiles on the pitch, protesting a throw-in decision that went against them.

Although victory keeps evading them, DeMbare coach Lloyd Mutasa still sounded positive despite his latest setback.

“It’s a point gained, but we feel we had some few chances that if we could have buried. We should have come out with three points, but such is the nature of football. We will go back to the drawing board and work in terms of our finishing.

“Obviously, as a coach or as a team, every game that you play you would want to come out victorious, but such is the nature of the game.

“We are not happy, we are still in search of those three points and I am sure it’s just a matter of breaking the duck. Just look at the creativity, the chances that came our way and the conversion rate is not directly proportional,” said Mutasa.

Dynamos found themselves trailing early in the game when Mavhunga drilled home an exquisite goal inside the box from a move he had started after winning a tussle with the Dynamos skipper Ocean Mushure at the centre.

The goal appeared to deflate Mutasa’s men, who had not won a match in the opening five assignments of the season.

Yadah had the better chances in the first-half, but Morris Musiyakuvi failed to put away a good cross from Mavhunga and Simba Sithole also came close with a spectacular bicycle kick.

But Kumwala fluffed DeMbare’s best chance when he missed a header with an open goal at his mercy from Kadonzvo’s cross just before the interval.

The restart was delayed by almost 20 minutes.

There was pandemonium during the break when the supporters invaded the pitch in a fit of confusion after police accidentally discharged a teargas canister just below the vocal Vietnam stand. The situation was even made desperate as neither the home team authorities nor the police made use of the public address system to help control the crowds and explain what had led to the tear smoke.

In the midst of the chaos, some fans hit back at police, stoning their truck, forcing a number of them to scurry for cover.

As if the half-time chaos was not enough, there was to be a five minute stoppage as Majoni battled to retain control of the game.

This was after Chimusoro had gone down again in what the supporters thought was a delaying tactic and his captain Dzingai then went hysterical and charged back at the supporters and throwing everything back to the terraces.

When the match eventually resumed, it did not take Dynamos long to draw level when Kumwala won possession just outside the box and unleashed a rising shot that gave the keeper no chance. However, DeMbare could not find the winner and they are still wallowing at the bottom end of the table with three points from six starts.

Yadah coach Ruzive was happy with the draw which took his team’s tally to six points in six matches, but was disappointed by the tactless manner in which his team’s captain conducted himself.

“I am satisfied with the draw, but not the moment of madness by my captain. We were leading 1-0 and my captain did what I did not expect will come from him as a captain.

“As a team, we are not yet content with the way we have performed to date because the points we have against the games played are not satisfactory,” said Ruzive.

Source :

Check Also

Zimbabwe: Clubless Warriors Trio Still Looking for a Home

By Eddie Chikamhi THREE Zimbabwe internationals, including Warriors vice-captain Ovidy Karuru, are still guessing where …

This function has been disabled for Zimbabwe Today.