Home / Sports / Pep dismisses Juve reports

Pep dismisses Juve reports

LONDON — Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola has dismissed reports that he is set to take over at Juventus from next season. Numerous reports from Italy on Saturday morning suggested the Catalan had agreed to join the Bianconeri to replace Massimiliano Allegri, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

It was claimed that Juventus chiefs had offered a four-year deal to Guardiola and the City coach had ‘agreed in principle’ to take over at the Allianz Stadium.

But after guiding his side to a 3-1 win over Watford, which saw City go four points clear at the top of the Premier League, Guardiola said it is “impossible” that he could leave the club.

“I don’t understand why someone says something on social media and everyone says it is happening, when they don’t try to call the club, my agent, Juventus,” Guardiola said in his post-match press conference.

“I am sorry for Allegri. I have two more years and it is impossible for me to move, unless I get sacked.
“I am not going to Juventus for the next two seasons.”

Guardiola, who arrived in Manchester in 2016, previously coached Barcelona to a treble-winning season in 2009 and also won three Bundesliga titles while at Bayern Munich. It had been suggested that the 48-year-old was keen on a return to Italy, where he finished his playing days in Europe after a spell at Brescia in 2003. — Evening Standard.

Source : The Herald

Check Also

Zimbabwe: Talent Display Charms Coach

DOMINICAN Convent coach Winston Nyanhete says he was impressed with the talent displayed at the …