Tongayi Arnold Chirisa is a Zimbabwean actor experienced in theatre, film, and television. He is also a noted singer.
He played the part of “Detective Trevor Davies” in the ever-popular Zimbabwean soapie Studio 263. He has appeared in numerous feature films, the most well known being Tanyaradzwa in 2004, for which he won the Best Actor for Film and Television Award. Tongayi studied for a bachelor’s degree in Live Performance at AFDA He has also featured in music videos and is a singer. He also starred in a serial radio drama Mopani Junction that was taken off air at the height of political turmoil in Zimbabwe. He has been nominated and won many NAMA Awards over the last five years. He recently played the lead in the comedy feature film Mr Bones 2: Back from the Past. He made a dramatic appearance in the mini-series Rough directed by British director, Andy Wilson, appeared in an international feature film Skin, directed by Anthony Fabian and co-starring Sam Neill, and played a lead in a local drama series Redemption for SABC 1. He played Man Friday on the NBC international television series Crusoe, based on the classic story Robinson Crusoe. He also appeared in Sleepy Hollow based on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. He played Father Nicholas on The Jim Gaffigan Show.
- Happiness Is a Four-letter Word (2016)
- The Jim Gaffigan Show as Father Nicholas (2015–2016)
- Sleepy Hollow as Arthur Bernard (1 episode, 2013)
- American Horror Story: Asylum as Miles (2012)
- Mr Bones 2: Back from the Past as Hekule (2008)
- Crusoe as Man Friday (2008)
- Zimbabwe as Charles (2008)
- Skin as Young Priest (2008)
- Tanyaradzwa (2005)
- Studio 263 as Detective Trevor Davies