Nqobile Tshili, Chronicle Correspondent
THE Zanu-PF Bulawayo Provincial Youth League executive has replaced six members who resigned from their positions as it emerged that eight others have said they had not resigned as initially claimed.
In an interview yesterday, the Youth League provincial chairperson, Cde Anna Mokgohloa, said only six members had resigned and they have since been replaced.
Cde Mokgohloa said although last week it was claimed that 14 provincial members had resigned, eight of them have since told the Youth League leadership that their signatures were forged in the announcement that they were resigning.
She said those who resigned are only six and they are Cdes Gwinyai Mucheki, Delight Ngwenya, Nation Ndebele, Honest Moyo, Lennox Mpomwe and Aaron Ncube.
Cde Mokgohloa said the six youths have since been replaced by Cdes Antonetta Moyo, Thabani Sibanda, Cynthia Bhebhe, Khulani Ndlovu, Hilda Ncube and Pretty Ncube.
She said they had co-opted other members as the party cannot be held to ransom by a few people.
“We co-opted them on Sunday and we will carry on. The six who resigned masterminded the rebellion and this means that they knew what they were doing. The other eight said their signatures were forged and they didn’t know anything about the resignations. So those who were violating the party’s procedures have gone,” Cde Mokgohloa said.
She said members who resigned never committed themselves to the provincial executive as they were sponsored to destabilise the youth wing.
Last Sunday, Zanu-PF National Youth League Secretary Cde Kudzai Chipanga visited Bulawayo province for a meeting where he said the rebellious members should be replaced as there was evidence that they were being paid for their actions.